About Me

My photo
loving life. and when times are rough, trying.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spaces and Places

On home. How is it that you can travel the whole world, and still not find home? Isn't it just a small enclosed space where you rest and exist? Somehow, this simple endeavor is the challenge of a life time. Some people have a really clear and defined idea of what and where home is. I am always jealous of those people. For me, I keep rolling from this place to that and while some feel much more like home than others, there is NEVER any clear idea. I once shared a one bedroom apartment with a great friend for a year, and to me, my defining concept of what home is has become that apartment. There's always the tiniest drop of murky hope, that it might be possible again; and of course the overwhelming fear of the reality, that it's not.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel...I am the same....I don't know where my home is but I think little by little you will pick up the pieces and make your own home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This response is centuries overdue, but I think you're right. That's just how it works... and along the way, we end up meeting some pretty amazing people.

    ReplyDelete